Thursday, June 30, 2005

Last Day

Not here of course. Just on this site. Tomorrow I enjoy the delights of South Lancs – should I wear a red rose? – Alan Beswick should be told. When I was first in Liverpool - a pale and very un-interesting youth, I would listen to Mr Beswick on his late-night phone in. He would take issue with everyone, argue from both sides of the point and put the phone down in the middle of conversations; I hated him which is why I listened. Then one day he saved someone from suicide (may not have been quite that dramatic but that's how I remember it). Many thoughts at that point. Instant admiration. The evening was then spoiled by the sad pre-teen who rang up just to shout the word 'KLINGON' at the top of his voice. Alan never swore but you could hear the cusses bouncing round in his head at that point - a professional broadcaster of the highest order. He crops up on the local news show occasionally though I cannot quite remember whether it is the superior Aunty version with Gordon ‘Krypton-Factor’ Burns or the hip and happening commercial version with Tony ‘forgive-him-anything-because-without-him-there-would-have-been-no-Joy-Division’ Wilson. (Deep Breath). I have not watched either for some time so Tony Wilson may be off somewhere being an idiot. I so wanted to use a cuss word there but this is a respectable blog. I deduce from his show on BBC GMR that Mr Beswick probably appears on the BBC show.

Nineteen years I’ve been here. Be nice to see somewhere different. I know Lancashire quite well. Before I was married I used to drive around the county as it was the first bit of green you hit when leaving Liverpool to the North. South Lancashire is very flat! Travel reports next week!

Listening to Thieves Like Us – New Order

Not many thieves like me but then I don’t like many thieves so that’s alright. There is balance in the world. The sun is shining so I suppose we are OK. See you at Lunch – probably.

No comments: