Thursday, June 23, 2005

Just Time to ....

Listening to - something By Terje Rypdal

I just stumbled across this while looking for some Antony Gormley stuff. It's worth a read if you are bored. What prompted me to look was the installation of Another Place at the beach just down the road from where we live. We went there on Saturday when about half of the 100 casts of Mr. Gormley himself had been stuck into the sand. I did take loads of photos and they will get put up here eventually, sometime before the sun dies. What was creepy were the 50 or so sculptures still remaining inside the fenced-off builder's area. They lay on their low trestles looking for all the world like some regimented atrocity. My wife was horrified by the photos I took. Reminds me of when the evil janitor in Scrubs waxed the floor (and everything else). Doctor Kelso went Base-over-tip before the slippery floor sign went down, ending up in the exact pose on the sign. "Uncanny" says the Janitor. Anyway photos at eleven or whenever.

No Spell Check! Do you hate me?

1 comment:

Ed said...

In this office I'm not allowed to view the Gormley site: apparently, the category "Cultural Institutions" is filtered. We'll have none of that culture nonsense here, thank you very much.

Very tempted to take the kids along to Hampstead Heath to see The Writer, the table and chair as-big-as-a-house.

Hoorah for striking public art and the exclamation mark!