Friday, July 01, 2005

Letter From The North

It only took 40 minutes to get here despite it being 30 miles instead of the 10 to the old site which takes -- er took -- me 25 minutes. Can't get used to not going to the old site ever again. Bit of a shock really. I left without fanfare either which is actually quite sad. Not helped by not knowing anyone at all here. A colleague of mine has been working here for some time but he is not in this morning. All last night I thought of things and noted that I should mention them to my colleagues today until a split second later, I remembered that I won't see them again; sending these water-cooler snippets via email doesn't seem the same.

I suppose I must write about normal stuff for the time being. Like the poetry workshop which one day I may have a go at though that one being about conflict has made me much more aware of the pain in this article from the same place. And then something better with the newly-discovered Da Vinci drawing. And of course, The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe.

1 comment:

Ed said...

An unsettling experience to change jobs and be the new boy once more: we fear change, and fear is the path to the dark side. They do say that you should never trust the first person who introduces himself and shows you around...