Thursday, September 02, 2004

You've Got Swimming on Your Mind

Listening to Gala - Lush

I have just read this extract from Richard Dawkins' new book - The Ancestor's Tale. You will have to make up your own mind on how good the book is. My reason for mentioning the book is because I was struck by how Dawkins does not even bother to make any arguments for evolution against creationism. In his head (and mine) there can be no argument unless you think that you can compare a cartoon with real-life. He does mention creationism but only obliquely - that old favourite of the Bombardier beetle. I will not even begin this argument as it just gets me worked up.

I just made the mistake of looking for a few Creationism vs. Evolution sites. I have got to go and have a lie down. This page stands out as a useful overview of the various degrees of theory.

No comments: