Tuesday, September 07, 2004

An Oil Tanker Off Japan

Listening to Umbra Sumus by Jah Wobble

An extra for you - some poetry by Jah Wobble - I particularly like I am a Complex Man.

So much complexity in the news at the moment. I spend so much time having to tell myself that the terrorists are just that - nothing more - and then the little voice at the back says "But why do they do it?" and I am off in to the realms of tracing back the reasons for everything. It seems so bad of me to try and do this in the face of the terrible thing that has happened but surely the cycle can only be stopped by realising that it is a cycle and that it has to be stopped. Simply jerking into a reaction to each move makes each move just an escalation. I am deliberately not trying to give you any specifics because away from the number one story, there are plenty of tales of suffering which involve far more people. Do you go to sleep thinking about Darfur?



No comments: