Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Stammering

I am trying to drag myself up off the floor. So today we have list of Ten Guilty-Secret records prompted by stumbling across one of them on a tape in the car yesterday.

1. I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany

Yes - we have to go for the biggie first. A triumph of unemotional commercial pop.

2. Carrie - Cliff Richard

Spooky this one and with loads of back-story.

3. Joe Le Taxi - Vanessa Paradis.

I played this about er approximately once. I can't remember anything else except that Lenny Kravitz had something to do with her.

4. Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley

You may think that I am covering up the truth here but I honestly bought this because I thout he was Virginia Astley's Brother. Her real brother is of course Jon Astley. Still got Rick's record - played once if ya wanna bid for it.

5. Coolest Cuts - Shakatak

Their album Night Birds was excellent - I first head it in a car driving back from London one dark and rainy night. The stuff which followed needed an image to make it work and I didn't know what worked. Apparently, they still hold the record for the longest bit of silence in the middle of a record though I always thought that was in Calling All the Heroes by It Bites (Who you may think should be on the list)

6. Ben - Marti Webb

A Charity record so it is slightly excused. I was sad when Ben Hardwick died. I have to say that Tell Me On a Sunday is a great album AND it has Elaine Stritch on it - the first person to say the F-Word on morning Radio 4 though we did hear This Be The Verse in the afternoon once. Yes – That is a long sentence isn’t it? Do I care? No!

This will have to be finished later as I can't actually think of any other records that I consider to be in this category. The first Kajagoogoo album is really quite good and all those Swing Out Sister records are not to be dissed in any situation.

No comments: