Monday, February 10, 2003


Grey and Greyer

This only refers to the view out of the window rather than any state of the world though it could so easily do so. It is one of those 'no-weather' days - not too cold, not too hot, no sun, no wind and no rain. Not November though as The Art of Noise put it. Many CDs bought over the last week. They are :-

ABC Music - Stereolab
Come Away with me - Norah Jones
Travelogue - The Human League
Version 2.0 - Garbage
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips

Just for an excuse to get a few links in place.

Someone told me that The Flaming Lips released a four CD set which requires that all 4 CDs are played simultaneously - here is the gen on that - lets have a guess at how many people have actually set that up - I think I may have enough fingers without troubling any of my colleagues for extras. The Stereolab is the best album though.

All this music talk has reminded me of a bit of a change of allegiance. I have been considering not buying 'Q' magazine for sometime and the 200th issue has tipped me over the edge. That this descision also coincides with a new magazine comming out seems very lucky. Mark Ellen who launched Q has started up a magazine for which he claims no market research has been done. It is called 'Word' (not THE word) just Word. I got the first issue on Wednesday and I have read almost every bit of writing in it - lets just hope that this is not just all the good stuff in one issue. I have also dumped BBC History magazine in favour of The Wire, so maybe watch out for some change of direction.

No more time. Lunchtime is History and so is History (BBC).

No comments: