Tuesday, February 11, 2003


Chocolates anyone?



Eventually - a scan of the house. I have to admit to pushing the colour a little on this picture. The original is quite faded and it was actually overcast with one shaft of sunlight at the time. Strangely, the blue in the sky is actually the cloud and the white is the gap between the clouds. The small extension off to the side is where the boot room was but the second floor was inaccessible from the house; we had a door right up there and had to climb a ladder to get in. My brother and I used it for wargames though not proper full-scale ranks of red-coated soldier type games, just boring old lego castle and plastic 72nd scale stuff. There was a very cool original Bulgarian propaganda poster on the wall though and a very old electric record player on which we played very uncool records like collections of TV theme tunes and gee-whizz-isn't-stereo-wonderful demos. We did have The Great Gate at Kiev though which we blasted out across the common.



This picture was in the same album and is of a boat in Trefor Harbour. This is a village on which Llareggub must have been based. A colleague of mine came from the village and in return for me driving him and his mates around North Wales he fitted my Car Alarm and Radio. Walking to the pub in the village one night, I stopped and thought (only to myself) how much like "Under Milk Wood" the whole place actually was. The phrase 'Bible Black' comes to mind every time I think of it running down the street with a finger in my mouth (not my own).

I got distracted in my search for some Dylan Thomas stuff on the web. There are some kooks out there. Superstitious idiots. Men kill men! Not prophecies! Who is right in all this?

No comments: