Friday, September 27, 2002


Meteorology Maybe

Has there ever been a day when it has been raining everywhere at once? Maybe there isn;t enough cloud to do that for the whole planet but what about all the land masses? Today is the day I think. At 12:00 GMT, it will rain at least a steady drizzle for ten minutes over all land on the Earth. I have just been browsing through pictures of rain to get myself in the mood for writing about it. I like rain a lot. I have a pluvial character I think or does that mean something different to what I want it to mean? Maybe there is a place where it rains all the time, a quiet place where the headline in the local newspaper is nothing more dramatic than Flu Shots being available now. It has been so dry here for the last month, that I suspect that today will not be the day of rain but meteorology is such a fickle science.

No comments: