Thursday, March 26, 2009

Distant Nun


The big shadow on the right is me while the little one to the left is Richard Hammond ... maybe.

I did have a poem but it seems inappropriate for today so it has to wait for another day. Many other things for discussion but nothing jumps out. Obviously it was sad to see that Nicholas Hughes - son of Ted and Sylvia - killed himself. Even from this side of depression it seems odd that he could get that far without someone intervening but isn't that exactly what happened to his mother? Standard rider at this point - while I might be able to understand the comment on the fact (much along the lines of a familial curse), I don't have the erudition to comment in any great way. Depression obviously removes one's ability to comment on it rationally, though at this point I begin to wonder if it is actually possible to have virtually separate parts of the mind, one of which is able to comment on the other. Maybe this ability should be called bootstrapping.

Turning to frivolity, the new series of Big Bang Theory starts tonight, so my wife can spend 25 minutes happily comparing me to Sheldon while I quietly worry that I am actually more like Wolowitz. It's not like you don't know I'm a geek is it?

No comments: