Friday, March 06, 2009

Gaucamole Nation

We do things differently over here don't we? It could have been acid or a gun and yet someone can still walk up to a high-ranking Government member and throw foodstuffs at him. I was amused by the way that the protester just stood around waiting to be dragged to the floor by secret-service men and when no one bothered she just walked off. With the threat of being shot for running for a train these days, it does take courage to do something like this but the way it played out gives me hope that we might not be as doomed to an Orwellian future as we think. The trouble is that the fact that there was not security might encourage the nutters of many causes to have a go with something a little more lethal than Birds finest mixed with a bit of food colouring. I hope Mandy is thinking about how lucky he actually was today.

I have another dream to report today. I suspect that the number of dreams I am remembering at the moment is because my sleep from 4am is disturbed by a vociferous blackbird who has chosen the tree in our front garden as the main lookout post for his early-morning territorial patrol. Today's dream was set in a garden but as I may have mentioned, very few dreams I have actually take place inside. Some might have furniture and the general set-up of a room indoors but there are no walls and no ceiling. There is not much detail about this one. Twice I spotted what I took to be the space shuttle streaking overhead or powering up into orbit and each time it dropped something. The first time was a small plaque which had a painting like a Russian Icon on it, of two angels or Madonnas. The second time it was strange object like a large version of the plastic things that disposable contact lenses come in but from reading the text on the side, I worked out that it was actually the cover for chocks used to keep the shuttle in place when it was the ground. From this I deduced that the cover had somehow stuck to the wheel of the shuttle and remained attached until the next mission. After this I was talking to someone who I was vaguely aware was something to do with work all the time strolling through a vegetable garden with a strange half-light in the sky.

No comments: