Friday, March 07, 2008


Fighting A Bobcat For Liquorice

Oh Douglas - you should sue!





Listening to Electric Guitar Phase by Steve Reich - played by Dominic Frasca

I have to admit to jettisoning the book about zero - I have to agree with most of the reviewers that it was a random load of trash which said in 100 words what most of us could say in 10. I still stand by my pivoting about zero thing but of course "of course" is my irony signifier of the moment. The book may be full of mysterious stories, but none come up to wonderfully surreal standards of others I have read recently.

Apart from this I have nothing else to say today. I should try a random Friday but I don't even have any triggers. I have Electric Guitar Phase turned up, way beyond 10 - may even be near 11, like the reverb on A Cocteau Twins record. How random is this? I saw some of a programme about call centres yesterday though it made me angry - especially the blatant Newspeak of the "Above the line language" which is designed to promote "Above the line thoughts". However if you are in that line then I suppose making people feel good makes them more likely to buy your product.

No comments: