Wednesday, March 05, 2008


Big Films Made Small

What film is this? This is the scene in the kitchen of my daughter's dolls' house. As well as having proper wallpaper and floorboards, it is a schoolroom for Doctor Who characters, so Martha Jones and Rose sit around the sitting room being instructed on how to deal with various monsters while the Doctor in his space suit sits alone at the kitchen table. This is as well as having all the normal occupants of the house including the maid - things are getting a little crowded now though it does look calm and comfortable at night. No telly I think. Of course Rose and Martha can never meet can they!


Notes:

Banking sleep over a whole lifetime. Am I catching up now?
"Leave my child to me - do not make my child a political point."
Angels fly at the speed of light.
Do I like the music of Steve Reich because it is unresolved like real-life - not like a structured book.

We were watching Lewis the other night and while contemplating the possibility of one of the peripheral characters being the culprit, I began to wonder if some of these people could keep cropping up as regulars like in the soaps. For instance the chief librarian at The Bodleian Library would be the same every time she has cause to appear. You could extend this to other dramas should they use the same location but I suppose Lewis is the only drama likely to work in this location.

Isn't this just rubbish. My most excellent stream of consciousness. I might even be able to spell consciousness one day.

No comments: