Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Möbius Strippers Union

I have reason to be visiting someone in hospital at the moment - nothing desperately worrying - and I was struck by how typical this hospital actually was. The view from the windows was of nice, clean buildings, the atmosphere and ambience suggested calm efficiency and the technology was visible, reassuring and unobtrusive. I half expected Jim Dale to come round the corner as I negotiated the air-conditioned bridge from the car park to the main hospital. It was comforting when all we usually hear is that the NHS fails at this and that. I know that there are arguments about cost, red-tape, mistakes, cleanliness but this hospital suggests that things are going in the right direction. The NHS should be outside party politics.

No comments: