Monday, September 06, 2010

If color != pink then me.status = statuses.happy

My New Old Mobile Phone - Pictured on a Wooden Table
I think the pink fascia of my inherited mobile phone was from the Sony-Ericcson "Geekette" line which didn't go well my devil-may-care, heuristic programming image so I sent off for a new one from the "Dark Destroyer Warcraft" range. Frankly I'm not sure that moves me from Geek to Hero at all but hey - it's not pink so I'm happy.

Current reading is Musicophilia by Doctor Oliver Sacks (the man who mistook his patients as a literary career) and very interesting it is too - once you get over the feeling of voyeurism. The chapters range from a general view of earworms (which Sacks prefers to call Brainworms), to complex and very real Musical Hallucinations which prompt sufferers to question who has a radio on in the vicinity. I am envious of people (Sacks included) who can replay entire orchestra performances in their heads) because my musical reduxes are simple loops of the catchier melodies I know.

No comments: