Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Don't You Touch My Lorna Doones

For years I have been confused by the lyrics of You're Moving Out Today a strange record that my sister played over and over until both the needle and the record were worn out. I always wondered what sort of weird guy this bloke was and why an obviously intelligent woman had taken up with him in the first place. However yesterday, I was reading the Daily WTF, a place populated by many stories of geeks, nerds and other (probably self-declared) associated sociopaths when it clarified that Lorna Doones are actually biscuits which made the line in the song about leaving the narrator's Lorna Doones a lot more understandable. Unless of course she was a collector of rare editions of said book. All this is of course just wibbling and I have to say that the discussion currently in progress on this office is about the teaching of evolution - we are all for it I have to add.

No comments: