Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Yes - I am am Polbathic - Why do You Ask?


I was challenged to play my ring tone the other day and was met with sniggering and references to my "Fisher-Price" phone. I am proud of the fact that my mobile cost me 20 quid and still allows me to call and text everyone I want to. I have my D40 to take photos and that does me for carry-out devices. And though I realise that an iPhone might have a novelty value in excess of some gadgets I have owned in the past, I suspect that it would not be too long before it was in the drawer marked "Pimlicos and other stuff". The chorus of ring tones on a train is now getting to bizarre proportions, a sort of spotted dick in sound, the rumble of the train being the spongy majority and the pinpricks of sound at all points as the raisins. I can't imagine that any large part of the texts and conversations that these herald are at all important. Maybe I'm just jealous that I get about three texts and one call a month on my own phone. With my simple beeps perhaps that is just as well.

No comments: