Monday, October 05, 2009

We Float


I dreamed I had just started work for Bob Hoskins who was running a large industrial pottery company which seemed to be situated in an estuary in North Wales. The premises were badly in need of refurbishment with discarded equipment all around and with most of the buildings unsafe. I remember asking him about whether he had built the place over some clay deposits but he didn't seem to know anything about the processes his business involved. He fell off one of the buildings and lay dazed while a flood rose up though the water surface seemed to slope. All very strange and with the usual theme of any buildings not having walls or ceilings.

Anyway - in the real world we spent a great afternoon in the park listening to a free talk from The Liverpool Astronomical Society followed by a sort of astronomical treasure hunt round the park grounds. Both children got a great glossy poster and as many flying saucers as they could eat. All this left me feeling far happier than I deserve to be but luckily Charlie Brooker brought me back down to Earth with this article about having too much stuff. Actually we have managed to cut down quite a lot by getting books from the library. I did try to listen to all my music on shuffle once but I only got half way through before giving up.

No comments: