Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Frasmotic Compunctuousness and Gertrude Stein


Did you like yesterday's poem? I'm not sure I do. It was an exercise in the observation of a small moment of time but I think it didn't stick rigidly to the speed at which it started and accelerated through to get the end out of the way much earlier than it should have. However, lunchtime poems are time-limited anyway and you wouldn't want a poetic equivalent of The Mezzanine would you? My wife has complained that I use the word 'symmetry' in every third poem so I did a search through all 217 pages of poems that I have stored up and found only one instance. I do know that there is at least one word which I do overuse but I can't work out what it is, even using a frequency counter. It certainly wasn't contrafibularities.

Which reminds me that Richard Curtis is reportedly going to write an episode of Doctor Who. We shall see - Stephen Fry was supposed to be writing one but he is probably behind with The Dambusters so I don't hold out much hope. Maybe he isn't after all. Long entry tomorrow perhaps so I need to think about it.

No comments: