Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Both Specious and Spacious


I polished off The Tent, The Bucket and Me in a few days and very funny it was too. Just the right level of scatology to be funny without being off-putting. It is one of those books you don't want to end. Actually, thinking more deeply about that, it must be rare for a book to end exactly when you think it should. I have been making an effort to finish books I start and it seems to be working though as part of this I hope I am being more selective. Back into Desperate Romantics now though I lost the bookmark and was struggling to work out whether stuff I had read was because I was re-reading passages or because it was just generally familiar from the Lizzie Siddal Biography. Back on track now though.

While I struggled to fill up the previous notebook I am now loathe to start the next. I just can't think of anything to put that will allow the thing to start in the way I want which is all very sad.

No comments: