Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cross Hatching



New Age Rubbish or Cure For All Ills? This is about Heavy Water being some sort or miracle drug to help us zap dangerous free radicals. Remember when the only time you heard about Heavy Water was in The Heroes of Telemark? I thought that the whole thing about isotopes was that they varied only by the number of neutrons they had. As the electrons depend on the number of protons how does the number of neutrons affect the chemical interaction with the body? Isotopes only have meaning if you take into account radioactivity and we don't want that floating around do we - surely that is the source not cure for free radicals. But then again free radicals are the result of unpaired electrons so what do I know? I suppose my chemistry and physics is a little rusty but the whole thing smacks of a con. Still nothing is definite in this universe or even in mine.

Nice to have The Big Bang Theory back - far and away the best sitcom on TV even if several people have compared me to Sheldon without the cleverness. I'm not obsessive.

No comments: