Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bathos and Pathos Make Five



Listening to I Often Dream of Trains by Robyn Hitchcock.

No more war today. Take that whichever way you want. Hello to Julie, Steve and Yoda by the way.

Christmas is not fast approaching - it is approaching at the same speed it always does - one second per second. OK - sometimes it seems to be approaching faster and what I am really getting at is the use of stock phrases (like that one). Anyway who should we go to for the real deal. Eric Arthur up there - click him for what is really important. I might sound dodgy now I suppose but it sounds great as well.

My Favourite Buildings

My favourite buildings are all in other countries.
Every one of them, a brick palace with glass to the sky,
reflecting the far-away plains,
down with the sun to the scurrying population.

And each one is alone in the millions and billions,
a single mind in each that interacts with no one,
never touching, never scoping out a plan
for days and nights in the depths of these invaded towns.

No comments: