Friday, March 11, 2005

I was with the Filipino army at the final advance on Reykjavik

And I drive a Mitsubishi Zero so there!

The grey chill of my first days away from home has been all around this week. I have no reason for it so it must just be meteorology, what a colleague of mine calls 'no weather'. For some reason, this atmosphere always reminds me of the story of how Ben Watt and Tracey Thorn met at college. I think Tracey was in The Marine Girls and Ben knew she was there and sent out a tannoy announcement for her to get in touch. I saw Everything But The Girl at The Royal Court, Liverpool in the late eighties when Ben still wore suits, was chubby and they played almost jazz.

Just to make you work, I will not link to the article but read the review of Nine Songs at the Guardian website. Read all the way to the end. Be happy.

More at lunchtime maybe. New New Order anyone?

No comments: