Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Votes For Women Plese

I found this written on a tiny yellow piece of paper on my daughter's bed this morning. The children's mother in Mary Poppins was a Suffragette and this has led to an obsession with the movement bordering on insanity. I refused to buy a long paperback on the subject a few weeks ago and was met with a sulk which went so far as to include a refusal to leave the shop and a sit down protest; all that was missing was some railings and a chain. It was a pity that the only related TV programme about the subject was a Mark Steel Lecture on Sylvia Pankhurst which going on previous shows would not have been suitable. We did let her stay up for the Mitchell and Kenyon programme on Friday and she was glued.

Why is it that waking up in the middle of the night can leave you worrying about things which seem inconsequential in the morning? I was woken by the standard "I'm thirsty" request at about 4 O'clock this morning and then lay awake with all sorts of nightmare scenarios running around my head. Now they are like so much mist on the horizon rapidly being burnt off by the sun. Oddly enough the shuffle on Media player has just played a couple of Blues tracks (Currently I'm So Excited by John Lee Hooker).

Nice to See Sanjeev has married his Granny.

Read this right through to the end.

No comments: