Thursday, June 24, 2004

Looks like one of those brown china things.

I am hovering. Or maybe hoovering. I am afraid I have not resisted the overwhelming force which came over me after watching the BBC's Comedy Connection about The Goodies. I have just ordered The Goodies ... At Last which should go down well at home. I watched the Comedy Connections show prepared to see that The Goodies were not actually all that funny and yes, the editors may have shunted together all the standard clips - the giant kitten, Eckythump, Tony Blackburn as Black Beauty etc - but it still made me shiver. Had to order this. Maybe have to watch it first before my daughter gets to see it. Heavily into slapstick she is at the moment. There was a suggestion that the BBC did not show the episode satirising Apartheid - Apart Height - but I am sure it must have been shown at some point because I remember the phrase 'You're not black are you' (uttered in strong comic South African accent) being a brief mantra around school. I'm not sure the satire was visible to any of us at the time.

One whole paragraph. I was looking at an archived page yesterday and could not believe that I actually wrote it. I don't seem to think about the same heavy things now. I did use the occasional Oblique Strategy then so maybe that is the answer.

Yes it is a bloody long sentence but no one cares but you so shut up.

No comments: