Friday, June 18, 2004

Amundsen's Forwarding Address (4)

Listening to - Whore - A Tribute to Wire

I have just finished Pretty Girl in Crimson Rose (8), a memoir of life, love and crosswords from which I have been able to decipher many of the clues which would have been previously impenetrable. Unfortunately the solvable ones did not include the headline up there which is just so right as to be the crossword equivalent of the Golden Ratio. This book is by Sandy Balfour who describes some films he has produced which I seem to remember watching. His name seems to register somewhere deep but not with any concrete definition. His face does not mean anything to me either.

Not sure what I feel otherwise at the moment. I should be feeling better but three weeks out of things seems to be taking three weeks to get back into things. My son passed on a cold last week which seems like taking the micky after everything else but like something I read in Consolations of Philosophy there is a temptation to link phrases which should be linked with 'and' with 'in order to'. For example 'The pencil rolled off the table and I am annoyed.' becomes 'The pencil rolled off the table in order to annoy me.' My current cold has no desire to annoy me; it is simply trying to continue existing as we all are. My cold will go and I will not be annoyed any more.



No comments: