Wednesday, August 13, 2003

A Short History of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood

Borders

It is the wake of ages that destroys us in the end,
a wave of enmity that comes from then to now
and makes us each destroy the walls that keep us
in and out of all the paradises we desire.

Loads of fragments of things to write about but I can't get started with any of them. The poem above is all I can manage so it will have to do.

I have just been reading the Baghdad Blogger and I agree wholeheartedly about Channel 3 on the instantaneous translation should be for the truth. That should become a mantra for every honest politician - Channel 3 - "I am speaking on Channel 3" will mean "I am telling the truth". Lets us hope that it is so. Criticise Plato and Campbell.

I have also been trying to pay attention to the Hutton Enquiry but it is difficult to get excited by the quibbling over who might have done what or said what. It sounds like boys' toys to me. The bit about Susan Watts identifying some statements of Doctor Kelly as glib comments of the nature of what everyone thinks Alastair Campbell is like rather than being genuine statements of fact made me wonder about whether lawyers and the like actually pretend to be stupid just to make points. I think we could all identify the various colours in that statement.

No comments: