Friday, August 08, 2003

Ceiling fans are great

Well actually they're not that great here as they meander round idly without any noticeable effect. When you query this you are informed that they are not designed to provide a cooling breeze but to move the air round. So all the warm air we have in here is simply being moved around. As you can guess, the fog has gone and the temperature is rising. Roll on November.

Try and remember what it was like when you woke up this morning. I never seem to recall any particular moment of waking up - of being asleep one second and awake the next. Every time I go to sleep, I try and keep some idea that I should recall what I was thinking about when I wake up. There is never any sense of being awake a second after falling asleep. There is always a sense of time having passed. Dreams are simply daydreams at night. They are just thoughts with a little less direction. I like to trace back what each thought came from so that I can assure myself that I am in control and that no part of my visions are premonitions or controlled from outside my head. There is no reality that cannot be imagined and no imaginary realm, which cannot be created. Even if we are not thoughts in the head of some super-being, we may eventually turn into pure thought.

Prepare for boarding. All thoughts are secured and fixed to a concrete reality, which we may not alter through our imagination. I do not have to rely on anyone else's vision of the world to provide excitement and adventure in my own. Remember those boys' stories, the Adventure Series about Animals and sometime Volcanoes. I tried to read all of them. Never quite sure if I managed them all but I read Volcano Adventure several times. Do children still read books like that? Could I write this whole paragraph as questions? Probably not.

I don't feel like continuing with what may or may not be a random Friday. My head is full of something like cotton wool and that is not helpful for trying to detect your own thoughts. They hide behind things, like Zellaby trying to hide the bomb behind a brick wall in The Midwich Cuckoos. Why did they call the film, Village of the Damned? Just to get an audience I suppose. While we are talking about this, why do black and white films, especially ones set in the UK, give one such a sense of calm and comfort even if the plot is dramatic. The Robert Donat version of The Thirty-Nine Steps could be a travelogue for Scotland.

I will have to end here as I feel that this entry has become too fragmented. I don't feel that wonderful, probably because of the heat.

No comments: