Thursday, August 28, 2003

I Wish Alistair Cooke was my Uncle

though I would probably want to shout at him sometimes. Shouting at the radio is very therapeutic and does no one any harm. Looking forward to hearing Mr Blair on the radio this evening so I can get some more therapy in before I go completely crazy.

Inspired by In Yer Face by 808 State because I am sure that the voice is Alistair Cooke.

How do you keep everything together? I find myself reading old entries in this weblog and they all seem so much more together. Is it just that I am exhausting everything I have in my head? That cannot be true. Am I just bored? There is still so much in the world and again I never write things down when I think of them. I have all these people in my head as well and none of them can speak properly because I cannot write properly. That sounds like some form of mental illness but what I actually mean is that I have characters in there which I cannot detail sufficiently. Knoxxy Eugenia is one of course but I have other people trying to be heard. Of course they are all me really or at least have various bits of my own character. What has happened to Knoxxy Eugenia? She is stuck in that wonderful garden with all those thoughts about thinking floating in front of her. This is not the place to detail her life any more.

Words do not flow easily. Poetry is lost if you try and turn it into prose which seems to be fashionable. Does Martin Amis write poetry? I tried to get a book of his from the library but the only one they had was The Information and the first page was missing. I considered borrowing it anyway but then I thought that the first page is probably more important than the last for most books. It is never the final page where you get the plot twist - The Wasp Factory - Harry Potter V etc all had great chunks of come-down text after the denouement - like the humorous bit at the end of all American cop shows as rigorously satirised by Police Squad. This has me thinking about some form of book where any page missing would make no difference but then again Jeffrey Archer has already done this. Even a bad book etc. Ho Hum.

I wanted that to be either completely random or totally coherent and it has come out some where in the middle.

No comments: