Thursday, August 14, 2003

I enjoy drinking bathwater. Really? So do I.

Actually from a section about congruent triangles but very funny all the same.

I cannot help thinking that all these terrorist alerts are simply to keep us aware that the WOT is still going on in order to justify any actions required. That is going to sound terrible if something bad happens but then again something bad happens all the time. I would say that many thousands of people die everyday as the result of things which require a positive solution - hunger - illness - and that relatively only a few die of terrorism or war. Are we not concentrating on the wrong thing? Of course all this is related in that a few people (terrorists nonetheless) see that the only solution to a negative problem is a negative act. How can blowing something up make someone say 'Oh Dear! I must be nicer to people." It simply breeds more terrible acts. Oh you know all this do you? Sorry! It just seems that the obvious is not .. er ... obvious to many people. I sound like the poor woman in the cafe in Rickmansworth who worked out how the world could be a better place just before the Earth was destroyed.

No comments: