Thursday, September 18, 2008

Microbangs

... like the mature adult that I am.

Notebook idea for today :-

Motto for new bank - We've got ALL your money peasants!

Up in the nineties I heard! Yes - a great week to be alive - sun is shining - everything coming up roses. To be honest I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. really? I was just thinking what an utterly horrible place to live this really is. It's expensive and dirty and no one talks to you unless it's to shout "gerrout of the way". No - I'd leave as soon as I could. There isn't going to be any space left soon so I'll go and get one of those cheap tickets off the planet. I've heard that you can get hectares and hectares of space on the moon for almost nothing now the Euro has swallowed the Lev. No way! I couldn't face living there, close enough to see earth and and yet unable to return. No - I would hate that. Anyway what is really so bad about living here? The world has always been a dirty place - well it has since I can remember. The first thing I saw when I was a kid and I crawled over to look out of the window was the mess of rubbish blowing along the street - bins lying on their sides - I've never seen anything else so I don't miss it. Anyway - the countryside is just as bad - it might look OK from a distance but up close it smells of mud and cow muck and it all wants to stick to your clothes and come home with you. The country is to be driven through with the windows up and the radio on - when it works of course - the sunspots are causing havoc at the moment. Maybe your're right but I quite like the country - might go and live their instead of the moon. My parents still live there - lovely house it is - when the weather is like this I suppose - bit depressing in the wet but if you don't have to go out it's very nice inside - something good on the TV and a nice glass of scotch - fire throwing shapes on the walls - oh yes - wonderful being there. Thinking about it, I wouldn't get that on the moon. No you wouldn't! Anyway the tentacles of earth spread there as well - I've heard that they are just dumping the rubbish in one crater but that now it's overflowed and while the wind isn't there to blow it about, it does stick to the boots and wheels just like the muddy cow-watering hole I had to wade across last week. Maybe! Maybe! Fancy a drink? Down by the water perhaps? Great idea my friend. Want a push or are you fully charged? Fully charged mate! Plugged in at the desk and set for the week now. Ok - off we go - into the breach. What's yours?

No comments: