Tuesday, July 17, 2007


The Collected Thoughts of Desmond Hamster

I am in the rare state of having two books I want to read equally. Normally either one or other of the top two books on my pile gains full attention until either it is finished or I get bored. However, the two books at the moment have reached a plateau of interestingness (which must only be in the Spelling dictionary because Stephen Fry has lobbied for it to be there) and I am switching between them – reading a chapter from each in turn. One of course is GEB and the other is Goodbye To All That which despite being about the one of the most horrific experiences that man can go through, draws me in like lighter biography never does.

Having said this, the chapter of GEB just read was light in the extreme because it refers to computer programs from nearly 30 years ago and was therefore quite easy to understand, though this was covered in the text by references to what computers will become and have already started to progress towards. On to Ant Fugue.

No comments: