Thursday, January 29, 2004

Treacle or Syrup?

Listening to - Sound-Dust - Stereolab

How small is my idea of the world. We all think because of the fact that our eyes are in our own heads, that what we see is the most important thing happening. To us it is but think beyond that.

As you can tell, I am trying to drag myself up from a seeming bog of something very sticky. I sat here with the view that there was no point writing anything as it would not be worth it. I seem to averaging about two poems a week at the moment maybe slightly more and sometimes they seem all that is worth writing.

I have thought for a few seconds and there are some things to mention though one is simply a link to a web site that displays digital artwork. Find it here and navigate through it virtually. Wonderful!

The other thing is the Huf Haus from last night's Grand Designs. Now I was already quite taken with this house having seen it on the trailers and said to my wife something along the lines of "If we win the lottery can I have one?". Now my wife likes cottages and Georgian houses and was quite dismissive of such a modernist house. However, by the end of the programme, she was converted. Of course it helped that the new owners were both artists and could integrate their own style with the rather monochrome style of the house itself. The main structure was put up and watertight in 4 and a half days. Off to rob that bank.




No comments: