Friday, July 15, 2005

Slow Day



Another photo to trigger some words. This is the docks in Bristol sometime in 1985 I suspect. I got my first 35mm camera for my 21st birthday while I was doing my placement year with the wonderful Bristol And West Building Society which gave me loads of time for just ambling around taking pictures. I have a box of thousands of prints most of which are useless because i just took pictures of anything I could. As it takes so long to scan them in, you may only get a couple of pictures at a time if I can be bothered at all.

Now - Jon Hale - Mean Fiddler - does this mean anything to you? Taunton to Bristol to Liverpool to London. If so then please email me at rdeweyden@hotmail.com. Go on! Yer Will, yer will, yer will, yer WILL!

A busy weekend ahead including masquerading as a Taxi driver tonight so no summer-night beer which is not nice. There is the tape of the Michael Palin thing about Hammershoi who I have to admit i had not heard of until reading about him in the Radio Times. His pictures are like a cross between Vermeer and Hopper. Restrained and beautiful - I suddenly seem to be out of adjectives today.

No comments: