Thursday, March 21, 2002

Loki to Light

What are you most afraid of? I lie awake in fear sometimes but now, in the daytime, I cannot think of anything to be frightened of at all. I suppose I am quite lucky because there are many people who have something very real to be afraid of. Even in the depths of my misanthropy, I must admit to being upset by the situations that some people actually have to survive in. That is the only fear I could have; the closeness of so much fear among other people. I like to think of myself as quite outward looking but like most everybody I look to my own situation above all others. You pass an age when ignoring the problems of the world doesn't feel right and you have to start filtering out all the bad stuff to stop yourself from going mad. I think my job is a microcosm of society both local and world wide; just a tiny amount of effort and change on the part of everyone could make the whole planet so much better. Idealistic I suppose. Ho hum.

My colleague Martin says "Ho Hum" quite often. The problem is that he sounds like the horn of a Deltic. I had an idea for a poem called "Deltic Blues" but I lost inspiration. Only the title was worth it. Anyway, WGUC are about to play "The Chairman Dances" so its time to go.


No comments: