Tuesday, March 19, 2002

After Heisenberg

Still here? Still unchanged? What is your momentum and your location? If you can't be certain about that then how can you be certain about anything?

Philip Glass from WGUC, Uncertainty on the mind and poetry in the air. A sort of triple point don't you think. I am still trying to find "Caliban Trashing Ariel" for you. I even crawled into the garage last night to find it but there may be better results from the handwritten drafts. I have noticed the existence of other poems which I have not yet typed up. They are often fragments which I discarded because they did not fit a theme but now there does seem to be some link between all the bits.

I tried to write something last night but I wasn't in the right frame of mind and it all sounded un-convincing. I think however, that I should go back to using a notebook and pen rather than writing directly on the computer as even the crossings out can come back later. If you use the computer and backspace, then all the attempts are lost. Strangely, this does not apply to this stuff as I just seem to be able to keep writing without the need for much editing (other than the spelling mistakes). All of that is probably rather obvious. The poetry resulting from direct computer entry is polished but rather sterile I think.

No comments: