Tuesday, March 12, 2002

Analogies of the world as it is.

Imagine a park - a park is not a natural thing; it looks natural but it has been nurtured, pulled into shape, constructed by human beings. But it looks good and seems to stick to some grand plan without having any of the workings exposed. That is how business should be. Everything should fall into place and work in the way it is supposed to. There are no cogs sticking up requiring oiling. Something else which looks like part of the park does the oiling for you. The thing that it oils then performs its own function which in after a few turns of the cycle will carry out something for the benefit of the original process. You just know it is right. There is no effort involved in using the park, maintaining the park or even just simply appreciating the park. The park just "is" and "is" is all it needs to be.

You haven't been to the parks near here have you? They look like parks. Well almost.

Reading Log without actually having read the book I am writing about.

I re-read "The Catcher In The Rye" recently (and then "The Bell Jar" straight after). The first time I read TCITR, I was at school and I go along with the reviewer who said that it was not a book to be forced to read. Anyway, I appreciated it a bit more this time. I am going to buy "Franny and Zooey" I can't say why: it just seems like a good idea. I don't think I am with all this "I can soooo identify with Holden Caulfield" but it was a good book and Holden had a great depth. The end was sad and happy.



No comments: