Thursday, August 12, 2010

Don't Tell Him Schmeike!


Again courtesy of Sefton Library Services, I have saved some money. I have started on The Closed Circle which is the follow-up to The Rotters' Club. It begins with a long and passionate missive from Claire to her missing sister Miriam, which does a great job of filling in the years between the end of TRC and the beginning of TCC, though timelines are slightly flaky in any properly constructed modern novel. I am slightly concerned that Paul, one of the minor characters from the first book seems from reviews to have turned into something like Harry Enfield's Tory Boy - surely he can't be that cartoonish. Pandora from The Adrian Mole Diaries was always very believable as an MP for me but maybe I was blinded by the early adoration which Adrian professed for her.

No comments: