Wednesday, February 06, 2008


Not Even A Nurse

Listening to In Rainbows by Radiohead

Luddite that I am, this is on shiny disk along with :-

You Are by Steve Reich
The Reminder by Feist
I Often Dream Of Trains by Robyn Hitchcock.

Can you guess what I watched on Friday night?

And books as well - On Chesil Beach and Love Lessons by Joan Wyndham.

I have to say that the Later performance was the first music I had ever heard by Robyn Hitchcock, though he has been on the "must try" list for ages. I risked the album with just that one song and am sold, entirely. I have Hacker Nature in relation Robyn Hitchcock. Some sort of magic folk-soaked city comes to mind - like Billy Bragg grew up in Lark Rise rather than Essex though I think the RH is a London boy himself.

On Chesil Beach is, as is usual with McEwan, drawing me into what appears to be a complete world. Reviews have taken issue with the reality of certain events but sometimes that does not matter. We shall see. And for all those who wanted to bash the newly-weds heads together - get a grip - interaction with novels is restricted to Doctor Who. Phew!

No comments: