Monday, February 25, 2008


But This Is One Big Complaint In Itself.

Lately I have been wondering about many things, the collapse of bee colonies, the failure of modern times to live up to promise of 1950s science-fiction and above all the complete waste of neurones that results in the mass of complaint about everything in the country these days; you would think that we were living in some dusty, ex-Soviet republic with a Head Of State who has banned all culture from the X-Factor up. You may accuse me of hypocrisy after some of my rants about various insignificant problems I might have had but I have recently been sharply conscious of my own level of complaint and being honest, most of my own issues are problems with my own lack of motivation to get up and practice things. I am therefore making a serious attempt to not complain about little things because my life is a hell of a lot better than quite a large majority of the world's population. Cliché maybe but cliché is often truth. I am also going to try and avoid stereotype or getting excited about things than when they are broken down to empirical data turn out to be truisms. There is plenty of science and nature in the world that has enough gee-whizz factor to overcome any super-natural speculation and yet it seems that a touch of coincidence is enough to have everyone speculating about "a greater force in the universe". Reduce all of this down and it is clear that not only is the universe a big place, but also two people talking are one person thinking cubed - Each individual comment may seem like nothing at all when taken in the wider context of all people. Of course this does not mean that a dialogue is worthless - the whole chaotic mess depends on conversations - it's just that participants should be prepared to accept that it needs a consensus for things to be moved forward. All this is of course a truism and I am now so bored that I am going to stop - the world is too big for the internet. It is the Internet that has wound me up.

Pictures at 11.

No comments: