Thursday, September 20, 2007


Solutions and Mega Noise

Listening to How to Play Your Internal Organs Overnight by Stereolab

I was "offsite" this week - a long way away, North of the Lakes which meant a pleasant and surprisingly short drive. I came back alongside Lake Windermere and was quite shocked to find it busier than when I was last there in the height of summer. I suppose it does rain sometimes which keeps a few people inside. There seemed to be a lot of people wearing face masks - like Doctors wear - not the Halloween/bank robber type. I would assume that it was against traffic fumes rather than any form of Cumbrian Flu. I didn't stop but just driving alongside the lake was nice in a very low-level sort of way. I was tempted to stop at the Dante Rediscovered exhibition in Grasmere but I think maybe I would have been pushing the definition of Company Time. I was once nearly persuaded to visit Alton Towers on the way home from a meeting in Nottingham but reality got the better of us both and we turned back. Oh well. And I still cross out any Alcohol from the receipts I submit for expenses. Sad I am.

No comments: