Wednesday, September 12, 2007


... If It Works at all

We once ordered a copy of The Ladybird book -
How It Works ... The Computer (all the pages are here) and I was going to send it to one of our PM's as he sure needed it. However, I actually learnt something from it myself so we kept it. I may have mentioned this before along with my absolute devotion to the unreal world of the The Ladybird book of the weather which unfortunately seems to have vanished from the Internet. However, my search for it has come up with this site about design which has made me me read something about Bad PowerPoint. I don't actually use PowerPoint very often (at all) but No more than six words per slide seems Spartan indeed. I can agree with no dissolves as they always infuriate me and they infuriate me on the web as well. I love design - I'm just rubbish at it. When I was at college we had no software to allow us to do any design. Sometimes we might get let loose on graphics software but then it was simply for technical stuff like 3d models. I once went out and took measurements of the Clifton Suspension Bridge, stuffed them into a pascal program and actually got out a rotatable wire frame model. I had to cycle half-way across the city to find a site with a plotter to allow me to get a hard copy. First geek-points to me there.

No comments: