Monday, December 09, 2002


Breaking on waves of Mellaril.

I don't know what to write about. I am steaming through TGIAS and it as if I have not read it before. I seem to have changed so much that the whole thing is completely new and exciting. Occasionally, something surfaces but I am having to re-image the whole book. The cover and the title make it seem like a potboiler but is certainly isn't. It also isn;t anything like any other Adams books and I can see why it raised eyebrows when it first came out. Definitely not for children and even with its terror and nasty things, it is one of those books you do not want to end probably because that would underline the end of the love story which is what it is really about. Being a father now, I have a different attitude because of things I will not define so as not to spoil the story if you try to read it. And with that it is back to the book.

No comments: