Monday, May 13, 2002

Telescopes II

The telescope was £120 and looked like it would probably infect the whole house with something very unsavoury. ("What's that green mould growing across the Moon Carruthers?."). I didn't even bother going in to see if it was an astronomical telescope or not. It was definitely an Astronomical price anyway. I'll have to make do with the Binoculars I bought from my Dad. When I was very little (under 5) I had a pair of my Mother's binoculars. I remember dropping them in the mud at the Attenborough Nature reserve. I think it was the first time I can remember being in big trouble though it might not have actually been really BIG TRUB. It's funny how you remember really trivial events as earth-shattering at the time. It seems to have made me sad just because they were my Mother's binoculars and she is dead now. I don't really want to ask my dad what actually happened but I know I was never in really hot water even when my brother and I cut down a tree in the garden. We didn't lie, just like George Washington. The difference was that we were caught in the act so we couldn't deny it.

SOS and GON? The link? The light of Cigarettes in a dark locale. Now you know.

No comments: