Friday, May 24, 2002

Looking for the Beast of Bodmin

I am currently at the Post Office in The Minions which is high up on Bodmin Moor close to The Hurlers standing stones. We are going to walk to them in minute though the wind is blowing quite strongly. If there are no more posts then I have been caught by the jetstream and am probably somewhere over Albania.

For all things mysterious and possible related to The Beast of Bodmin visit here.

We are staying at Boscastle right next to Tintagel so with this page you get loads of postcards instead of just one. Martin is probably calling me a cheapskate for using the Internet in place of the Post Office but you may get a real postcard when I can locate a pen.

We visited the Eden Project the other day - it was pouring with rain. The bubbles are very impressive in a sort of large scale McAlpine engineering sort of a way but I couldn't help thinking it was a corporate vision of Environmental Friendliness. My daughter liked it and keeps going on about the bubbles but it was far too crowded to get any real sense of what it was like. What it must be like in the middle of high season I can't imagine.

Time to finish now. A walk up to the standing stones beckons.

No comments: