Wednesday, January 16, 2008


PMQs - Exciting Again!

Well having said that they’ve just started talking about Europe which is not quite as interesting. It is still rather exciting to be able to watch it live wherever you are though I am sure anyone younger than me just thinks it normal.

Well actually it was really boring so ignore me completely.

A book log :-

Attention All Shipping! by Charlie Connelly

This uses the metronomic rhythm of the
Shipping Forecast as the basis for a tour around various parts of the UK and Europe and very interesting it is too. I have read many books with the same style (notably ones by Tony Hawks and Ben Fogle) and every so often there comes an overlap in the travelogue which seems to trigger a sense of satisfaction in me; I feel that I am covering gaps – like finally getting a copy of every one of the first 50 Giles annuals. The author does not go to all the landfalls of the various regions - Rockall is obviously not easy to get to unless you are a Navy - but the places he does visit are interesting (or boring but written about in a diverting way). Fun and free from your local library.

QI Annual 2008 by the usual suspects

Which means all of us got an annual this year – Postman Pat, Doctor Who, Wallace and Grommit and QI. Fun time had by all.

Einstein For Dummies by Carlos I Calle

This dummy is enjoying it though maybe not quite understanding all of it.

No comments: