Friday, January 18, 2008


The Brain Training Made Me Do It!

Listening to - Trance Europe Express

You may think that this is just an ordinary spoon but you would be wrong. It is a sonic spoon and there is a chance that if I use it wrong it may blow your head clean off. Of course it can be used just to stuff your face with porridge or whatever other fibery goodness you choose for breakfast but can you take that chance - that it will simply be a small food lever or do you really want to see what it can really do? Well! Do Ya?

I wish I could draw better than I can though I have found that practice is actually making me better than I thought I could be. My faces and eyes are quite recognisable as such and because I always have a hand to hand as a model, my drawings of hands do at least have the requisite numbers of fingers and a position that I could feasibly get my hand into. I have been wondering about how interesting it would be to take one of those rough sketches which has used the heuristic approach of just going over the lines until the whole blurry outline looks right and to extract each "level" of the drawing from it. Each one would surely look as bad as any of my complete failures to capture something in pencil. My mother was an excellent artist using that technique, both with drawings and sculpture and my dad is brilliant both as a draftsman and an artist - I should scan some of his bird paintings in. I've been trying to get him to paint again for ages now but no matter how many watercolour sets I buy him as presents he won't do any more. Maybe if I get half as good as he is I could shame him into starting again. My daughter is of course a much better sketcher than me.

No comments: