Monday, June 05, 2006

Weeble Dweeb



This picture has everything about Legong dance, the movement, the grace, the atmosphere. What with Six Marimabs just coming up on the shuffle, I think you could say I am happy. There is something so other-worldly about this image, almost as if we have stepped into some Alien ritual. At the very least it takes us back in time though the processing into black-and-white has not rendered the picture antique in any way. It makes my effort, which I was always very proud of, seem clunky and badly-composed. This is the kind of stuff which makes me want to write poems. Which via Fotherington-Thomas has reminded me of being skitted over my membership of the Cloud Appreciation society this weekend. As a sensitive chap I'm not going to talk about it any more. So there.

No comments: