Thursday, June 01, 2006

That Cloud Looks Like Ireland



The Cloudspotter’s Guide seems has been mentioned in several media-type places in the last few days and this article in the Guardian makes me want to read it for sure. The author’s game of “Contemplating the Heavens Below” he has surely nicked from me. We used to hang upside down on the railings of the bridge across a stream near where we lived looking at the clouds below, seeing mostly exotic pacific islands, atolls and strings of palm-shrouded tropical lands. And then there is his Cloud Appreciation Society which I have just joined. I don’t often join much but for £3 who can complain. Bearing in mind that Mr. Preto-Pinney is a co-founder of The Idler it might just be a scam to finance his laid-back life but hey – hello clouds – hello sky – it all helps.

And when I finish Foucault’s Pendulum you know what will be next.

No comments: