Thursday, May 01, 2003

I am a butterfly



(From http://www.boop.org/jan/justso/butter.htm)

In the spectrum of things I am the G in ROYGBIV so don't expect any extremism but I could not let today go by without reference. Maybe yesterday's comment on arms manufacturers would have been better left until today. Soundtrack is Handel/Bach/Vivaldi etc for calming influences. I get as angry as anyone about all this rubbish but I don't go out and smash up shops because of it. The real solution is the revelation of this absurdity to the wider world. I have begun to realise that the people in control are amongst the most stupid of us and it is because of their pushiness and readiness to stand on other people's toes, that they get where there are. (Slight nod to Reggie Perrin there or is it a Nod AND a wink to El Lissitsky?). This really begins to annoy after a while. Yes - I am going to say that the world could be a much better place. I say it over and over again and of course nothing gets better does it but I am a butterfly. I will stamp my foot until the city rises into the sky and the dirt and filth is cleaned away. If anyone is listening all your superiors are stupid. Question them at every turn. Criticise Confucious and Mao. Criticise Akhenaton and kierkegaard. Scatter your superior knowledge around anyone who will listen, for you are the most intelligent person you know. Deconstruct every advert and see the insipid creep of the stupidity around you. The education system could so easily be a plot to keep people uneducated - or at the very least to only know things which keep them cowed, a sort of newlearning like newspeak but across all areas of knowledge. No-one is encouraged to think for themselves or to investigate outside their own little world. I would like to know everything and it just annoys me that I can't. I am a blank face in a blank world or that is how we all should be in this education system. Digitise the world and rule the world. Break everything down to uncomplicated things and re-define the world that way. It is not that easy. The world is complex and unknowable.

Stamp your feet and scream. Someone will listen before you die.

No comments: